About Me

My photo
Wilton Manors, Florida
Just a middle-aged Peter Pan, who refuses to give up softball, DisneyWorld, and loving life with his partner.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

At What Point…

do I begin to wear dress shoes and white socks with shorts.
do I choose Lawrence Welk reruns over watching American Idol.
do I start the morning by scanning the obituaries.
do I enjoy it when someone calls me a “hot daddy.”
do I consider six hours sleep to be a full night’s rest.
do I accept that I am no longer Peter Pan and have gotten old.
do I figure out the meaning of life.
do I alter my diet, according to the teeth that remain in my mouth.
do I remember more details of my childhood than what happened yesterday.
do I drive 30mph on the interstate.

Aging is inevitable. It is through grace that we age with dignity. It sets us apart.

I have learned many valuable lessons (many of them the hard way) over the years.

So at what point…

Do all of my dreams come true?

1 comment:

Claire Uncorked said...

Just say no, Dave, just say no.

Certainly you don't really wear white socks, dress shoes, & shorts? I hope not, or that image may haunt me in my dreams. Whenever Doug sees an old guy with dark socks & shorts, he says that'll be him someday. I always tell him he has to live that long first. =) Not on my watch, damn it.