About Me

My photo
Wilton Manors, Florida
Just a middle-aged Peter Pan, who refuses to give up softball, DisneyWorld, and loving life with his partner.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Return to Sender


Somewhere along the way I seem to have lost something important.

Its preciousness has nothing to do with monetary value and everything to do with spiritual well-being. Like the five senses, it is an innate ability.

Outside of the safety of the familial cocoon, it has been swallowed up in darkness. Like Peter Pan’s shadow it has become disconnected from my essence.

I know that it is close at hand, tauntingly within reach. But I am blind to its presence.

If you should find it in your personal travels, please mark it RETURN TO SENDER. I’m certain the postal service will return it to me, along with this year’s letters to Santa.
What have I lost?
I’m shocked you even have to ask that question. When have you last seen a grin on my face?
When is the last time you heard me laugh on the phone?
Somewhere, hiding from me…is the ability to have fun.

3 comments:

joetalk said...

Do me a favor . . . I want you to close your eyes, take a few deep breaths, look into Thom's eyes, and I have a feeling a smile will come across your face.

Hang in there hon! It'll get better :)

Nilla said...

I often feel the same way ... soon enough something will come along that will make you realize that you are still very capable of having fun. HUGS

Claire Uncorked said...

If I could afford it right now, I'd fly down there & force you to have fun. But since I can't, just know that I have confidence in you...we all go through it, & you'll pull through. You can do this.