About Me

My photo
Wilton Manors, Florida
Just a middle-aged Peter Pan, who refuses to give up softball, DisneyWorld, and loving life with his partner.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Scene of the Crime



Years have passed since I last crossed over
The threshold still stained red
With a subtle stench of
Carnage cleansed long ago
With no trepidation
I return to the scene of the Crime

Caution blares; my ears ring with the tolling
Of stifled wronged goodbyes
‘Do not cross’ long dissolved
By the intervening
Years since the Queen’s demise
I return to the scene of the Crime

Blinds crack open on a second floor
Window apparitions
Upon my arrival
Scuttle for hidden tombs
Transported back in time
I return to the scene of the Crime

My money placed on fortune’s turning;
A spin of the wheel
Where red is the winner
And black is but color
Comprised of all others
I return to the scene of the Crime

Great are the anxieties of distaste
Ironies straddle Self
Like two raging titans
Dueling psyches clash
Against better judgment
I returned to the scene of the Crime

Unscathed; buoyed by Love beside me
Pages turn fluttering
In the breeze created
From a thousand butterflies
Rising from the cocoon
Soaring above the scene of the Crime

4 comments:

Claire Uncorked said...

Oooh, is this about Thom's event? Because if it is, GOOD ONE!!!!

Blue Ice Dave said...

Yes, Claire. It is my version of attending the event. Oblique, but filled with clues, a poem could only describe my own experience that evening.

Claire Uncorked said...

I'm so perceptive. =)

Seriously, you deserve a ton of credit for handling that so well. I hope you rewarded yourself somehow! (Wait...of course you did!)

Nilla said...

very eerie and vivid. I was a bit surprised to find out it was about attending a dreaded event...but impressed at how appropriate your choice in words were.